The Alpaca Lodge is a free standing stone building next to our farmhouse. The property dates back to the 19th century and has seen very little change over the years so most of the original features remain.
I’m sure our predecessors would never have believed a herd of Alpacas would be roaming the land where once their sheep grazed.
The B & B has a warm and cozy bedroom with a king-size bed, a breakfast nook, en suite bathroom with shower, toilet and basin. For breakfast there is tea, coffee, milk, orange juice, cereal, porridge, yogurt, breakfast bars and a small fridge, microwave, kettle and toaster are provided in the room.
There is no end of spots to take a picnic on the land or in the forest. Garden chairs are available, but a picnic blanket is more fun!
What it costs
- €130 per night
- Linen, towels, hair dryer, shampoo, shower gel, soap and toiletries are all provided
- Cereal, milk, porridge, yogurt & biscuits as well as tea and coffee are provided in the room. There is a microwave, small fridge, toaster, and kettle.
- Visit the alpacas as much as you want during your stay
- Satellite TV (basic UK channels)
- Free Wi-Fi for browsing
- CHECK IN TIME is between 4.00pm and midnight.
- CHECK OUT TIME is 10.00am
What to expect
- The Alpaca Lodge is suitable for up to 2 guests with one king sized bed. It is not suitable for children/infants or pets, and is a non-smoking room
- Ireland is famous for emerald green landscape. It might be possible that this is due to a lot of rain. You may want to bring some wet weather gear
- Walnut the cat loves attention and is free-range on the farm. We are happy to keep him housebound if desired
- Broadband service is very good, but downloading large files can be problematic. Normal surfing is fine